☕ Cantina Coffee Chat is a series we’ve developed to share knowledge about a variety of topics in innovation, design, and technology. It provides an interactive forum for hosting conversations with thought leaders. We are excited to use this platform to help others and engage in meaningful conversations. We hope you enjoy the exchange.
Check out past episodes:
- Episode 1: Best Practices in Remote Work
- Episode 2: Best Practices in Prototyping
- Episode 3: Facilitating Remote Workshops
- Episode 4: COVID-19 and a Shift Toward Agile Talent Development
- Episode 5: Dissecting Human-centered Design in a Virtual World
- Episode 6: Visualizing Uncertainty in Retirement Planning
In episode seven, Pavithra Counsell and content strategist Dawn Bovasso explore optimal communication strategies in uncertain times, the power of empathy in communicating with customers, and inclusive content strategy in the time of #BLM, #MeToo, and others. Captured below are three takeaways from the conversation:
- Inclusive content strategy and brand communication starts at the top. Hire and promote diverse leadership teams that will foster and support inclusivity in your internal and external communications.
- During the pandemic, lean into real-time digital channels like live QAs, webinars, and social media streaming to help make up for a lack of in-person communication.
- To build an effective content strategy, take time to understand all of your persona archetypes and audience segments. How are their needs different? How have their needs shifted as a result of the pandemic or the current social and political environment? Build a content strategy based on empathy and an understanding of your target audiences. Ask people in those audiences to review your communications. This will help to ensure that you are on point and will deepen engagement and trust with your customers.
If you’d like to connect with Pavithra or Dawn, or if you’d like to learn more about our complimentary Content Strategy and Design Thinking Workshops, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!