This position is for a senior visual designer – a master of the craft of interface design – who’s ready to roll up their sleeves to create enviably remarkable design, establish a beachhead to launch Cantina’s visual design offense, and provide the strategic cover to lead the team to visual victory. The position requires authentic talent, passion as well as an entrepreneurial spirit: the ability to bend pixels into beautiful UIs, the technical proficiency to know what’s possible and at what cost, the charisma and confidence to stand up to inspire a client or help a teammate, and the self-directed impetus to identify areas of growth and opportunity for the company and the team. We believe good UX is formed on a foundation of sound usability, UI standards, and intelligent aesthetics – so should you.
- Define, lead and advocate the visual design aspect of our UX practice
- Be a hands-on & heads-down passionate visual craftsperson
- Conceptualize and articulate forward-thinking visual design solutions
- Translate client aspirations and requirements into visual ambrosia
- Stand in front of clients to clearly and compellingly communicate vision
- Embrace and employ both current and emerging UI best practices and web standards in all design deliverables
- Advocate for user-centered design and the role of usability in design
- Partner with UX designers and UI developers to create collaborative solutions
- Deftly walk the line between personal ownership and team participation
- Manage, inspire and mentor junior design folks and external design contractors
- Deliverables include mock-ups (comps), wireframes, visual prototypes, mood boards, style guides, user interface specifications, design patterns and other documentation
- Enough years in the business to have lived through at least 3 versions of Internet Explorer
- Experience leading and growing a visual design team
- Strong, demonstrable portfolio of relevant work
- Ability to speak in-depth to issues of web typography, iconography, and color theory
- Has passion and conviction, yet is humble and likable (No prima-donnas please)
- Demonstrated willingness to have a voice in the design community – to speak at events and cultivate an opinion publicly
- BONUS: Above average to expert proficiency creating templates in MS Office & iWork applications (Word/Pages, Powerpoint/Keynote)
Candidates should be ready and able to walk an audience through their portfolio in person, providing a sense for how they might interact in a client situation.
Local candidates only.
Please, contact us if you’re interested!